RizomUV- Release Notes
These notes concern both RizomUV Virtual Spaces and RizomUV Real Space
Release 29 Oct 2018: version 2018.0.157
– new: fit to grid can be multi or not (grouped or ungrouped)
– new: switch on/off for mouse wheel
– fix: unsassigned hotkeys are set to default at next start
– fix: preferences are not saved when preference dialog is closed
Release 20 Oct 2018: version 2018.0.154
– Fix: When zoom it is near to maximum the mesh disappears sometimes in 3D view
Release 18 Oct 2018: version 2018.0.153
– Fix: island with zeroed UV coordinates cannot be unfolded
– Fix: mesh containing 3D polygons that have exactly two opposites triangles create crash at load
Release 11 Oct 2018: version 2018.0.151
– New: Viewport Pan amplitude is now related to hit point
– New: Island Group inline documentation has been updated
– Fix: Viewports jumps when zooming
10 Oct 2018: version 2018.0.149
– New: Packing is now multithreaded
– New: Align Island(s) using selected primitives. Vertically or horizontally. It is now possible to align the island so that it take the orientation of its selected edge(s). But you can use also any points/polygons or even the whole island(s).
– Fix: Wireframe color is black on black background
08 Oct 2018: version 2018.0.147
– Fix: Crash when using topology-based symmetry in certain cases
– Fix: Tiles can be deleted
04 Oct 2018: version 2018.0.143
– Fix: All Similar Islands features (including stack similar) now give expected results in case of islands having multiple symmetry. They now both use the island topology and shape to determine the right mapping from the ones that comes from the multiple symmetries.
02 Oct 2018: version 2018.0.141
– New: Viewport Orbit can now have its rotation point under the mouse (ray casting to geometry is done to define the rotation point). This is the default mode, use the preference dialog to switch back to the View Centered mode.
– New: All similar islands features can now process symmetric islands (this is also true for stack similars)
– New: New translation button in the Gizmo (no more problem when the gizmo is to much small)
– Fix: Viewport Zoom now redefines the focus point using ray casting. This prevent from the geometry to disappear most of the time.
27 Sep 2018: version 2018.0.130
– New: Auto Seams Stretch Control and full AUTO UV are more robust. The UVs computed in the auto select task are now directly used as a flattening solution.
10 Sep 2018: version 2018.0.109
– New: AutoSeams Stretch Control now use a brand new algorithm and give far more robust results: no more self-overlaps and better control on the allowed stretch. (Disable “High Quality” to get faster results)
– New: AutoSeams Size Limiter. Cut too much big/long islands into smaller pieces as they can lower down the UV area usage A LOT.
– Fix: OBJ group list double after a click on “Island to Tiles”
20 Aug 2018: version 2018.0.102
– New: Revolution Shapes detection for Mosaic (useful with hard surface meshes)
– New: More viewport colors are customizable (see the preference dialog)
– Fix: OBJ File export doesn’t export (bug introduced in 2018.0.100)
– Fix: Viewport hotkeys are not saved
17 Aug 2018: version 2018.0.100
– New: UI colors and viewport colors are now customizable (see the preference dialog)
– New: Scripting, island selection and visibility flags are now exposed (Read only)
– Fix: Activation dialog now has a scrollbar when display are small
17 Jul 2018: version 2018.0.94
– New: Auto Transform Islands before welding (also known as stitching)
– New: Can load model that have UV vertex count inferior to the 3D vertex count
– Fix: Crash when using “Align island to edge”
27 Jun 2018: version 2018.0.84
– New: Topology-based symmetry detection (select one edge on symmetry plane or two edges for two island symmetry then press “Shift-S”)
– New: Stack Symmetrical part on Master or on Slave parts
– New: Symmetrical Edges are cut and welded even if the symmetric island is hidden
– New: Edges on the symmetry plane and slave polygons are now drawn/painted in green.
– New: AutoSeams Reweld can now filter islands using their dimension
19 Jun 2018: version 2018.0.76
– New: Pre-Stitch Island transform by Edge. Select a border edge, click on Pre-Stitch, the opposite island will be transformed so that it stitch to the selected edge.
– New: Rotate +/-90 and 180
– New: CheckBoard texture as enough tiles when texture tiling factor is equal to 1
18 Jun 2018: version 2018.0.75
– New: Island redistribution in Multi-Tiles (UDIMs) is now optional. When disabled, islands remains in their respective tiles.
– New: Toggle Isolate. If used with an empty selection and when there is no island underneath the mouse, it will reveal all islands, excepted the ones that have been hidden using “Hide” feature.
13 Jun 2018: version 2018.0.73
– Fix: File Data selection dialog selection is reset after any task or primitive tool mode change
– Fix: MacOS: UV Viewport is not fully rendered after a fullscreen UV
01 Jun 2018: version 2018.0.70
– New: Improvement in UV space usage when packing non similar stacked islands
– Fix: Objects file info loss when loading OBJ and saving FBX
30 May 2018: version 2018.0.68
– New: Create Group Stack on non similar islands
– Fix: Packing group stack of non similar islands create unwanted overlaps
29 May 2018: version 2018.0.66
– Fix: Hotkeys doesn’t work in the viewports sometimes.
23 May 2018: version 2018.0.62
– Fix: Splashscreen create problem with some bridges
– New: New options in command line. Try rizomuv.exe /h
13 April 2018
– New: Similarity control for all topological copy features
5 April 2018
– Fix: Poly group / Material / Object / Smooth Group dialog Selector cease to work after cut or weld in many cases
4 April 2018
– New: The positions of some UI elements are now customizable (see Edit->Prerefences)
– Fix: Slow frame rate with multiple UDims
– Fix: Transform tool blocked when using TAB key
– Fix: Dialogs have wrong size
31 March 2018
– New: Complete reorganisation of panels and UI
– New: Some optimization on display refresh rate
– Fix: Align center tool does not center
– Fix: Crash when starting app from shell
– Fix: Incorrect display of polycount
19 March 2018
– New: Flip using Left|Right|Top|Bottom selection bouding box axis or underlying tile.
– New: Advanced Auto Select Box Options
07 Mar 2018
– New: Panel titles brighter
– Fix: Clone tool (even in isolation mode)
– Fix: Crash and memory leak at exit
22 Feb 2018
– New: FULL AUTO UV modes (check the Auto Seams Panel)
– New: Color Bar with Texel Density.
– New: Projection Box and Average Normal.
– New: Polygon Magic Wand angles can be changed using ALT+MouseWheel or SHIFT+MouseWheel.
– New: Transform Mode.
– New: UI look.
– New: Mosaic is several order of magnitude faster.
– New: Texel Density can now be set in Pixel/Unit.
– Built with the 2018 FBX SDK.
– Many bug fixed.
19 Jan 2018
– New: Polygon Magic Wand
– New: ReWeld (Auto Seams)
– Fix: C4D Preset.
10 Jan 2018
– New: Improved Cinema 4D preset
– New: Faster UI (widgets only)
30 Dec 2017
– New: Mouse and Keyboard Interaction Customizer
– New: Auto Seam Box
– New: Fit to Grid
– New: UI improvments
– Many Bug fixes